Want to know when the website has been updated? Subscribe to the Facebook link:
The line was extended north from Uckfield to join a new line from Tunbridge Wells to Groombridge in the period 1864 to 1868. Work was complicated by the need to construct a tunnel and two viaducts between Buxted and Crowborough, but the line opened on 5 August 1868. Double track was provided in 1894. In the early days services were directed towards Tunbridge Wells and it was not until 7 June 1914 that direct services travelled north from Eridge to Ashurst and on to Oxted.
PLEASE NOTE: The station featured in this collection was replaced by a new building which opened on 16 March 2010. Pictures of this facility will be included in due course.
SCROLL DOWN to view the pictures. Click here to return to the main website index page.