Want to know when the website has been updated? Subscribe to the Facebook link:
East Grinstead (High Level) Station (Closed) and parts of the adjacent Worth Way Country Park.
A second branch then continued to the east, constructed by the East Grinstead, Groombridge and Tunbridge Wells Railway Company. Work started on 18 July 1863 but unfortunately failed four official inspections. This delayed the opening until 1 October 1866, when the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LBSCR) arranged to operate the line. The section through Groombridge to Tunbridge Wells is now part of the Spa Valley Railway and covered in separate collections which can be accessed from the main website index page.
Both lines closed on 1 January 1967, victims of the Beeching cuts, and the track bed now forms part of the Worth Way Country Park to the west, and the Forest Way Country Park to the east.
Separate collections cover (a) Withyham Station; (b) Hartfield Station; (c) the site of Forest Row Station; (d) the site of East Grinstead High Level Station; (e) the site of Grange Road Station; and (f) Rowfant Station.
SCROLL DOWN to view the pictures. Click here to return to the main website index page.