Want to know when the website has been updated? Subscribe to the Facebook or Twitter links:
Uckfield Old Station (Closed)
The line was extended north from Uckfield to join a new line from Tunbridge Wells to Groombridge in the period 1864 to 1868. Work was complicated by the need to construct a tunnel and two viaducts between Buxted and Crowborough, but the line opened on 5 August 1868. Double track was provided in 1894. In the early days services were directed towards Tunbridge Wells and it was not until 7 June 1914 that direct services travelled north from Eridge to Ashurst and on to Oxted.
In 1991 the old station was closed and a replacement facility opened on the opposite side of the road.
This collection looks at the site of the old disused station in 2007/2008.
SCROLL DOWN to view the pictures. Click here to return to the main website index page.