Want to know when the website has been updated? Subscribe to the Facebook or Twitter links:
Edenbridge Town Station
A line was then constructed from the Hurst Green junction south through Edenbridge (called Edenbridge Town from 1 May 1896), Hever, Cowden and Ashurst to join with the existing line from East Grinstead through Withyham to Tunbridge Wells. This line opened to passengers on 1 October 1888.
However in those days all services were directed towards Tunbridge Wells and it was not until 7 June 1914 that direct services travelled south from Ashurst towards Uckfield.
SCROLL DOWN to view the pictures. Click here to return to the main website index page.