Want to know when the website has been updated? Subscribe to the Facebook or Twitter links:
Paddock Wood Station
The main line station of Paddock Wood features in the Hawkhurst Branch collection because it was the terminus of the branch. Services initially commenced to Goudhurst (then called Hope Mill) on 1 October 1892, and later reached Hawkhurst on 4 September 1893. The line was closed on 12 June 1961. Branch line trains never actually intruded on to the main line, having their own bay platform on the south side of the station and then running east on a dedicated track laid on the south side of the main line and parallel to it. After about half a mile the branch line turned south, and a curve of mature trees can still be seen from main line trains marking the former track of the now disused branch.Read More
SCROLL DOWN to view the pictures. Click here to return to the main website index page.