Want to know when the website has been updated? Subscribe to the Facebook or Twitter links:
Hawkhurst Station (Closed)
Hawkhurst Railway Station was opened on 4 September 1893, a branch line having been constructed from Paddock Wood. Like many stations constructed in this era, it was some distance from Hawkhurst, and was actually in Gill's Green, to the north. Passengers faced a steep climb of more than a mile into the village. The branch closed on 12 June 1961. Hawkhurst Station covered a large site, and had facilities for passengers, goods, and an engine shed. The platform and main station buildings were demolished many years ago, but the engine shed and goods shed survived within what is now an industrial estate. The whole site was redeveloped for more extensive industrial use in 2012.Read More
SCROLL DOWN to view the pictures. Click here to return to the main website index page.